CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Music Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fun time with the fam

So this weekend we had a blast catching up with my fam from Boise and Indiana. We all met up at my parents house and everyone was there except Jay and his fam (who we missed). It was great to see that Stacey's kids still remembered us for the most part. Sat night we BBQ'd and Lisa and I set up a tent for the kids and we're the designated adults for the night in the tent. It went surprising well considering we had 5 little kids in there. Ethan kept popping up claiming to hear something outside every 5 min. so he ended up sleeping with Lisa and I. I've never heard a 5 yr old snore so louldly in my life. And for such a small guy he sure took a lot of space on the air mattress. I only had 1 bathroom call during the night so I guess I can't complain too much.

My bro brought over his Wii and his PS3 and we all had a blast with Mario Cart for the Wii and "rockband", which is a pimped out version of guitar hero, only it comes with a drum set, 2 guitars, and a mic for vocals. Needless to say I didn't fair so well in the vocals, and was ok at the guitar, but I found a home with the drums. Why learn to play the actual instrument when I can just be a virtual rock star? Lisa was rippin it up on the guitar too. We were up all night wailin away on that game. We're gonna have to purchase both of those games I think.

And of course it wouldn't be an official reunion without fishing. Since we had the kids we all went to the local trout farm so that the kids could catch some fish. It was an adventure trying to untangle line while an excited 5 yr old is holding the rod. Needless to say both Clint and I got a few hooks in the fingers (which is why we cut the barbs off the hooks), but it was well worth it because they had a blast (even though they were scared to death of the fish when we landed it).

And you are all lucky that I'm still around after nearly chocking to death on a piece of melon from laughing so hard. My Aunt Melinda and Uncle Al are some funny individuals.

It was a great time and it sucks that we can't get together as often.

3 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

What I wouldn't have paid to be there!!! I love your family so much! You and Lisa win Aunt and Uncle of the year for sleeping out with all those kids! Great birth control, right? I'm impressed, and that is a memory none of them will forget! One tip on the rock band. Wait until the Guitar Hero Tour comes out cause it's the exact same thing as rock band, but a lot more durable (we see a lot of drum sets come back), and it will be compatable with your guitar hero guitar. Hopefully this all makes sense.

Stacey Irwin said...

It was a good time wasn't it! I am missing you guys already! Your pictures are fab. I had no idea you were shooting so many! Next time I vote that everyone come out and see us... CAN YOU SAY CHICAGO!

Stacey Irwin said...

Did you die? where are you? why don't I have new material from your so I can make fun of you? I miss you come blog with me!!