CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Music Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, September 5, 2008

Finally settled in

So we had our big move this past weekend and it's amazing how much stuff we've accumulated in the past year or so. I remember when we first got married and loaded up all of our earthly possesions in the back of the smallest of Uhaul trucks we filled it to the back 3rd of the truck. We are now filling to the brim the big truck plus a couple of cars. Where did all of this crap come from? We literally filled 3 big black garbage bags with just shoes! Anyways a big thanks to Mom, Dad, Tavis, and Clint for coming down and helping us out Sunday. I woke up sore as sin the next morning, man am I getting old. We like our new place a lot better than our last place though so it's all worth it.

We went the first few days without hot water since our gas company was late getting to us, plus the shower nozzel was broken when we moved in, so bathing was interesting. Lisa was lucky since she could just shower at her gym after working out. She suggested I could either come work out with her and have a nice hot shower, or I could pour ice cold buckets of water over my head at home. I thought it was a smart a@# thing for her to suggest... I took my chances with the cold water. Just what are you implying sweety?

Tomorrow is the first home game for UoU football and guess who renewed their season tickets? We did, and it's a good thing we did because they are all sold out and you'd have to pay scalpers price to get them now. I've been waiting for this day for a long time, and fresh off our win at Michagan I expect us to have a great season.

4 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

What?! no pictues of the new place.. I'm so dissapointed.. Sorry we couldn't have been there to help you guys move.( well kind of sorry. moving sucks.) I'm glad the parents were there to help. (they really are awesome arent' they.) If or when we move I plan on buying all you boys plane tickets just so you can come help. ( keep the tradition alive.. everybody helps stacey move!) I'm glad Lisa is trying to kick you lazy butt to the gym.. but typical Buys trait of Stuborn pride has kicked in I see.. so you have no sympathy from me!
Have fun at the U of U game. .good job on renewel.. N.D tailgait is going strong tomorrow and we plan on going.. GOOO IRISH! I am really begining to love foot ball season.

The Buys said...

We'll post pics of the place later.

I know, aren't football games fun! We make a day of it. They have loads of pre/post game activities. Lisa's really grown to like it.

Speaking of "Buys" stubborness. I'd like to submit a quote from Clint during the Jay and Heather visit.

"I don't care if you guys all gang up against me on this, I know I'm right and I'd rather be right by myself then be wrong with all of you". -Clint

After a pause of 3-4 seconds,
"Well... that was spoken like a true Buys". -Dad

And Heidi was laughing so hard she almost pee'd her pants.

Stacey Irwin said...

I am laughing sooo Hard right now!!!! That really is a Buys way of thinking isn't it!!! I'm interested to know the topic of debate was!!! I think that should be our family quote for the year. It fits soo well.. which is why we all banter when gathered.
I did appreciate it.. and makes me miss home. . .hilarious!!

Hansen family said...

I wish I could deny that I was laughing that hard....I barely made it to the bathroom and had tears rolling down my face. I belive the topic was as simple as a game rule or something with his new game. Can't remember what it was called. May those who got suckered into the Buys charisma and wed be blessed in the life to come for thier patience. But, We save so much money providing each other conversational entertainment. We don't need movies and activities. Michael has caught on quick. During the game he pointed to Clint "that uncle, that doesn't have any wives" and his simple advice to get one. LOL. "how do you get this stinkin' old piano to turn off?" (theirs is electric) Yes, we are the wiser and have such witt. Go Lisa! I agree, only a buys would have pride to take a cold bath or shower! I was workin' that weekend and you didn't bother to tell me what was up or ask. Don't you owe me a trip to boise? I still owe lisa melting pot. How did you become such a U fan? An additional buys arguement cuz daddy is BYU? Sounds fun..until it gets cold! Post pics! Love ya!