CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Music Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, February 18, 2009

This is the life!


I'm finally set up to work from home. As you can see, I have a pretty sweet setup. No more rush hour traffic driving to Draper. No more having to to share a cubicle. No more having to get dressed, shave, or shower for work. That's right folks, I could even work in the buff if I so desire! As you can see in the picture, I will have my duel work computers on the right, and my personal PC on the left, on which I could watch movies, surf the internet, or do homework while working. I even have a little mini-fridge (far left under printer) which will be well stocked. I don't even have to pay my Comcast bill anymore! The only drawback is that I won't be eating so well. Our work cafeteria (more like a restaurant) is awesome. (I'm eating rack of lamb. spaghetti squash, and jasmine rice that I brought home from work as I type this. cost me $2.00). I was getting sick of the Prime Rib (also $2.00) so I tried the lamb. =)

The only reason I took this job was so that Lisa and I could get decent insurance without shelling out $1000 a month. I'm happy it has turned into something that will allow me to have flexibility with school, family, and business.

5 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

Sooo.. wait... what are you doing from home? same job just from home? And your still getting insurance?
Rack of Lamb? Prime rib? holy crap.. whatever happened to the barely edible you'll eat cause you starving and pay for it later cafeteria that all work area's have? that rocks!
So I can call you when ever I want? since you'll be home more often.. we need to chat boy!

The Buys said...

ya it's the same job. I'm still at 1800Contacts. We partnered with Walmart and I've been working with individual stores throughout the nation for the last 6 months or so. I'm able to do most of everything from home, but I'm testing a pilot program at a Taylorsville Walmart a few days a week as well.

I hate working for other people, and still have no intentions of doing so long term. But I must say this job has really worked well for what our needs our.

Hansen family said...

I want your job! Congrats on the nice set up! Do you have certain hours? Incoming or outgoing calls? I too would miss that super cheap food. How did you like lamb? Daddy loves it. I'm jealous! I think we all are!

Lisa said...

It's all incoming. I only get about 20 calls in a 6 hour shift right now.

Stacey Irwin said...

Sounds like a sweet setup. Can I have a job doing that too? I need to talk to you about contacts again.
should I call your number?