CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Music Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day

I'm usually not big for V-Day. In the words of Ebineezer Scrooge "It's a poor excuse to pick a man's pocket every 14th of Feb" Luckily I married a Gal who feels the same way about it. It's a cheap holiday invented by Hal mark and continued by jewelry, flower, and chocolate companies.

Now that's off my chest, I decided to give to give this whole thing a shot. Called around for some roses, and laughed after several places told me that a dozen would cost about $80-$100. They're flowers...that die after a couple of days. Luckily when I ran into Harmon's to grab some dinner food, they had roses for $30 a dozen! I was able to put together a little dinner surprise for Lisa and we spent 3 hours sitting around our table talking.

In typical guy fashion, I had to improvise a bit. We didn't have candle holders, so I used some old little glasses and filled them with water dyed red. The center piece is a folded pillow case. I had to rearrange the flowers and get a new vase, and so on.

All in all I have to say I'm pretty impressed with myself. Not bad for a bumbling Neanderthal like myself.

2 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

I would have to agree! Not bad at all for bumbling neanderthall at all!!!
WTG! I hope she loved and appreciated it. I think that was just cute! and really$80-$100? buy her some clothes, watch, earings, purse,( you get the idea right?) You found just the right price for the flowers.
I'm super proud of you. And while I don't go all out for V-day either. a little thought and effort goes along way all with out break'n the bank!
Good job Bro!

Hansen family said...

You da man! I want some of those strawberries!!! Wait until you have kids in school and you get to make all of those valentine boxes, cards etc. aaaaahhhhh. Can't wait to give up those days. NICE JOB! P.S. my roses came from the supermarket too...I can live without but, Corey is old fashioned. He got his favorite treats and a card hehehe. Good job..keep the flames burnin' it is important! Love ya both!