CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Music Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, March 21, 2009

Spring Break


Hey all. Just a quick post about our week. Thursday we made our annual trip to Zions during Spring Break. It was a quick trip and much needed. We arrived Thursday day and checked in to our Suite around 3 PM. We had a beautiful view from our balcony(pic above is balcony view), a couple of big flat screens, walking distance to shops and the park, and a heated pool and hot tub. It was pretty nice.

We spent the first day checking out all the little shops in town. Lisa bought some beads for jewelry (which she already "misplaced"), I bought the biggest thing of beef jerky I've ever seen, and then we ate at a little place called "Blondies". It was a house were the front parlor was turned into a small diner and the family lived in the other part of the house. I ordered the Elk Burger and Lisa the Philly cheese steak and ate our meal on their front porch. Their teenage daughter acted as our waitress and the food was excellent. You always find the best food at the little Mom N Pop places.

The next day we hiked a trail called Angels Landing. It was straight up and took a couple of hours to get to the top. the views were amazing, and was well worth the effort. We packed a lunch and had a little picnic on the way. My only complaint were the group of New Age hippies behind us. I was hoping they smoked enough weed that they might try and fly their "free spririts" off one of the cliffs... but good stuff never happens to me. I know, I know, that's awful for me to say. Please send all your hatemail to idontcare@yahoo.com.

We had a blast, and have come to the conclusion that it's best to take trips during the middle of the week because when you get home you still have the weekend to recoup (we got home Friday). We've already planned a week long trip in the summer to Moab, Zions, Bryce, Grand Canyon, and Canyon Lands for the summer. All are welcome to join, but so you know we don't really have a game plan when we go on vacation, we just wing it.

Siblings: Do you guys remember buying Cactus Candy when we went to Zions as a family, or am I just crazy? I've looked for the stuff both times but could never find it.

2 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

LOL! I love hippies. And really how can you not? Sure I would have laughed if they did something Trippy. But they make this world so very interesting.

Your trip sounds soo fun. I so wish we could go and do some hiking and relax'n with you guys one of these days. ( WITHOUT THE CHILDREN!)
I love wing'd vacations.
Glad you guys had a nice time!

Yes, I remember cactus candy and being surprised it was sweet. I can't remember the from of it.. was is a sucker or a jelly type? Maybe I'm thinking of Cactus Jelly.
.......But this doesn't dlilute the fact that you are indeed crazy. Cactus Candy cannot save you from THAT!

You guys look good!And.. is that MUSCLE I see in Lisa's arms? are you kidding me?! not fair.

Anonymous said...

Holy crap! We didn't even recognize that it was you guys in the pictures, especially Bryce. Looks like you guys had a blast. Nothing like laughing at a bunch of hippies to make your day.

The Marions