CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Music Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, April 25, 2008

gotta love trunky teachers.

I caught some serious breaks this semester in regards to some of my finals. Coming into this week I was expecting to be crushed by the weight of finals only to find that I'm getting off easy. My Econ 2020 teacher is retiring after this semester and really stopped caring about the class. I was expecting another 120 question final on Tuesday but he replaced it with a course evalution form (at the end he let us give ourselves the grade we think we deserve in the class.)

Then my Bus Stats teacher decided not to do a comprehensive final and we just took a Chapter test. All that's left now is my Managerial Acct final Monday then it's Summer time!

Ok, so I have to tell you about our Sofa buying experience last Thursday. So Lisa and I decided it was time to get ride of our old sofa's and buy a new Couch/love seat. So we head off to the normal place's (RC Willey, Ashley's, etc) and see some things we like. Then Lisa remembers a furniture store in Sugar House that she passed by with a big "going out of business sign" in the window, everything 50% off. So we head out and as soon as we entered the store is when Penny, an overly zealous Mary Kay user, with a bright purple jogging suit pounced on us. She was a Nightmare! I haven't felt so hounded since... well actually since our trip to Zion so I guess not too long ago. It was "nag nag" this and "nag nag" that. And as far as this supposed "sale" everything seemed to be marked up 50% . We even checked out the "slightly used" level only to realize that by slighlty used they meant D.I. rejects. Then they had the nerve to charge $500 for a 30 year old couch I could pick up in an alley for free with probably half the stains. So thank you Penny, I still stink of your perfume.

Seriously though, what's wrong with people?

4 comments:

Amy Johnson said...

You are cracking me up!! That is a fabulous story! I hate all the Penny's out there! I'm glad your finals have been going great for you! How did you get lucky enough for that?

Hansen family said...

So, are you saying you caved to Penny? I can't imagine Mary Kay's replacement of poster lady, Ms. Trump, taking out my baby brother! Hooray for the finals! Did Lisa come accross the same luck? What are we doing for summer break? I am confident a trip to Boise is on the list. It is my turn to "nag, nag, nag". Lisa can sure teach our Olive Garden gang a thing or too!

Stacey Irwin said...

Are you serious! you are the luckiest thing on this planet! non-exsistant finals. Its just so unheard of!!! I wish Paul could get that to happen. But unfortunetly we are not lucky people!
So marykay lady... who reaks of perfume!! ha, ha, ha. I hate those kind of sales people.. correction. I hate those kind of people!!!!! So my question is . . . did you find a couch?!

The Buys said...

Yes, we bought a couch/love seat from Ashley's. We are picking it up on Monday.