CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Music Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Happy Halloween

This may sound stupid, but I forgot how much I like Halloween. Seriously though, there's something about all of the B class horror movies and grown men dressing up in some crazy costume that just makes this such an awesome holliday. The holliday is all about fun, there's no grand meaning behind it (Not that meaning is bad), just an excuse to have a good time. The history of Halloween is also pretty interesting, but I won't bore everyone with a history lesson.

I even like the whole "haunted house", bit. Luckily we've been told that some of the nations best and scariest are in the area so we are planning on hitting some up with some friends and try and get into the spirit of things.

Now a bit of CAS business (Citizens Against Stupidity).

Our subject study is non other than Gov. Sarah Palin. Like a said in my first blog, this is a non-partisan group, it just goes to show how deep this sickness goes.

The following is the transcript from the Couric/Palin interview.

COURIC: Why isn’t it better, Governor Palin, to spend $700 billion helping middle-class families struggling with health care, housing, gas and groceries? Allow them to spend more and put more money into the economy? Instead of helping these big financial institutions that played a role in creating this mess?

PALIN: That’s why I say, I like ever American I’m speaking with were ill about this position that we have been put in where it is the tax payers looking to bailout.
But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the health care reform that is needed to help shore up the economy– Helping the — Oh, it’s got to be about job creation too. Shoring up our economy and putting it back on the right track. So health care reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions and tax relief for Americas.

And trade we’ve got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive scary thing. But 1 in 5 jobs being created in the trade sector today. We’ve got to look at that as more opportunity. ALl those things under the umbrella of job creation. This bailout is a part of that.

Thank you very much Gov Palin for such a descriptive explanition to a rather direct, on the point question. Health care reform and scary trade deals were all very helpful in explaining why this bailout went to save Wall Street. It all makes perfect sense now! What was the name of that other guy who was up for the Veep job? Maybe it's time to give him a call.

7 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

LOL! That definetly belgongs in CAS! I tip my hat to you sir!
I'm laughing I got an email to make sure I put my vote in with PBS to let them know Sarah Palin is ready to be Vp and President. Since the DEM. were flooding the polls... I'm not entirely sure it just the DEMS who feels she IS NOT READY to be VP or PRESIDENT. I think the REPS. are more then a little doubtful too!

Have a good HALLOWEEN. It is fun. I like the "I get candy, and I didn't have to do much." part of it. I loved Haunted houses.. been awhile since I have been tho. SO have fun. I won't bore you with the real facts about HALLOWEEN Either.. unless someone tells me it's to celebrate Satan. Then I will indeed not only explain. Add them to the CAS list as well!

The Buys said...

I hear ya. Palin probably isn't ready to be vp, but Obama has even less experience and he's running for president. Voting today is more about voting against someone rather than voting for someone

I'm voting for Bob Barr of the libertarian party. (he's like a Ron Paul).

Hansen family said...

Ok. I'm going to have to step out of the CAS club for a min. because 1) I haven't the foggiest idea how halloween started and can't fathom what mother voted for it. $$$$, sugar and mischief. I don't like scary movies, haunted houses etc. either.
2) McCain was strategic in bringing Palin along. He had to look long and hard at someone who can't speek worse than he does. The American people will have NO IDEA what is going on with McCain and Palin. We will be working on cryptograms forever. Obama can at least keep a train of thought. We're going to hell either way but, at least we won't have the suicide rate go up each time they address the public. LOL.
Ok. Now I'm back in the club.
Personally, I'm going to go for the mother who is writing a letter to a CEO because a manager would only reverse $95 out of $140 worth of overdraft fees for her daughter when it wasn't bank error OR the lady who is writing a letter because she told the manager "why don't you just shut up" and the manager calmly asked her to leave. What are you going to write??? Dear sir, after telling your manager to shut up in front of customers and employees I am writing because .....

Stacey Irwin said...

lol! Stupid people everywhere.
Bryce you should make CAS card up to hand out to the poor souls who are cluless to there condition. that way when we witness such alarming behavior we can hand a uisness type card out, Letting them know what they are, and that they are not alone.( Heidi could have used a few of these.)

I am checking out the libertarian party out now.. I do like a lot of there views on topics.I'm not sure I agree with there Idea on cutting out crime and Drugs.( making drugs legal.) Sure it would make drugs legal.. but what would it do to morals of people in general. And you CAS list would go WAY WAY up. I'm not sure making it legal fixes the problem. I am still checking out a few of the other topics.
But I might vote for him instead anyway.

The Buys said...

I see where you're coming from but consider this:

-Marijauna is the largest cash crop in the US. It's almost double that of corn and wheat.

-By legalizing lets say pot, we would be able to regulate it, tax it, and put a lot of gangs and bad guys out of business.

-Almost 2/3 of the people in jails and prisons are there because of something drug related. If the only victims from drugs is the person who is using them, why send that person to jail? Think of your old friend "fish", would jail be the answer there? Maybe rehab, but not jail. Jails are a huge tax burden on us, and it doesn't help drugies, or society.

Now as far as the "morals" of America. People who want to use drugs do (apperantly there's a lot of them) and people who don't, don't. Making them legal, at least based on the study done in some countries where they're legal, will not increase the amount of drug users. Besides, I don't like being the moral police of society.

In fact, Mormon's have a history of legalizing illegal substances. Utah was the deciding vote that ended prohibition. And it was the worst thing that ever happened to organized crime. So stop trying to break away from your heritage and vote to legalize pot damnit. =)

Just my thoughts though, that's cool you actually looked into it. Maybe you'd like the constitutional party better? That's who dad's voting for.

(Now, where am I going to store my soap box?)

Hansen family said...

Where the hell do you guys find and hear all of this stuff. I've heard of liberalist but what is a constitutionalist? I don't think I'm qualified to be a member of this club anymore :(

The Buys said...

Of course you're still in the club. This stuff is trivial, like the rules to football games.
People only learn these things if they're interested.

Politics and pot are a hobby of mine, and they're equally unhealthy. =)