CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Music Player


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Thursday, February 7, 2008

"The real question should be, is our children learning?"-President G.W. Bush.

I probably should be doing my homework right now but I need a little break so I figured I'd feel everyone in on the going-ons for Lisa and I. Lisa is much happier now that she switched her major from architecture to urban planning, mainly because she no longer needs to take all of the physics classes. She is scheduled to graduate Spring 09' and will probably be looking for an internship in the fall. She is still at the Olive Garden in Sugarhouse but hardly ever works a serving shift. She now mainly does bar and to-go which is much less stressful and better pay. She seems to enjoy it. So Lisa usually takes the tracks up to school right. Normally a quiet, peaceful journy, but a couple of days a go I guess some crazy guy started screaming at her and cursing because he thought she was cheating on an assignment. 1. she was usuing the calculater on her cell phone to do some math, 2. what the hell business is it of this guy anyways? I guess nobody on the train stepped in to help her out, but she got off the train alright. I think I'm going to buy her a taser or pepper spray to carry around with her. I guess you just can't count on good sumaritans like you use to.

My life is about as exciting as moss growing on a tree. I go to school every morning from 9-1, then I go to work from 4-11, then I do homework from 11-2 AM. Any questions? I was sort of bummed this morning because I had my final interview for a job at the Airport Security (TSA), which is part of the Homeland Security Beauru. I got the job only to have to turn it down because of scheduling conflicts. Basically I would have had to drop all of my classes this semester. I just wished they had told me the work schedule earlier, this has been by far the longest interviewing/testing process I've EVER done. It was over a month long process, broken up into several stages. It would have been nice because it was a salary position, full-time govt. benefits, and Lisa and I could have flown anywhere in the US for free. But I guess it just wasn't met to be, so I'm still at 1-800-Contacts, which I must admit is not bad at all for a phone job. I'm just waiting for that snow to melt baby! I really don't like working for other people!

I would also like to announce that I broke the 200 lbs. mark this winter. It wasn't an easy task, and I would be selfish to take all the credit for reaching one of my life long goals. First I'd like to thank Dr. Pepper for creating such an addictive product. Next my wife for offering to make me a bacon/egg breakfest burrito at 2;00 AM on a regular basis. And finally myself for having the self-disipline to eat as much of everything as possible for the last two years, without giving into the urge to work out. So thank you everyone involved in this momentus occasion for me.=).
Seriously though, I couldn't even fit into most of my pants. I had to take a weight training class so I'm being forced to turn the pudge into harder pudge, but I'm still at a respectible 195lbs.

Until next time.

The Buys of Salt Lake

1 comments:

Stacey Irwin said...

Ha! I soo miss you guys! wow. can't even tell you how much! Congradulation on breaking the 200lb ( this is the wierdest thing I've ever heard ... seriously) Definetly get Lisa some "crazy guy on train" spray that and tell her to get meaner. She's from New York. aren't they sapposed to be tuffer :)
luv you guys!